Secure ITAD and inventory is crucial for information technology officers
A CITO’s primary focus goes beyond just how technology is used. They’re responsible for how it all fits into the company’s plans for revenue growth, risk management, and compliance requirements. It follows that recovering maximum value from disposed assets and efficiently managing IT inventory is top of mind for today’s CITO.
ITAD challenges CITOs are facing in 2019 and beyond
One element that continues to evolve — as with other modern management and executive roles — is the need for CITOs to collaborate closely with other departments. Specifically, CITOs will need to work more closely with IT asset managers, information security officers, and finance officers.
2019 and the years ahead are presenting some additional, unique challenges to information technology officers.
- IoT: How do CITOs effectively manage, secure, and dispose of the new wave of IoT devices?
- Big Data and Machine Learning: No doubt, your company is embracing the rise of big data. How do CITOs ensure that this sensitive data is not only used to its maximum effectiveness, but also managed and disposed of properly when the time comes?
- New Storage Media: Big data requires big storage. CITO/CTOs will have to plan for upgrading storage media in the years to come. However, they’ll need a method of keeping track of all these assets – plus ensuring, keeping in mind their massive data capacity – that they are disposed of in a 100% secure and environmentally friendly manner.
- Security: This is a broad topic, but in the age of data breaches, GDPR, and ratcheting compliance concerns – security is, and will continue to be, top of mind for every information technology officer. This brings challenges not only in implementing long-term strategy and procurement, but also in asset disposition. CTOs and CITOs will have to work closely with information security officers as well to ensure the company’s data and brand is kept safe.
- Transitioning to the Cloud: While many companies have already made the move to cloud-based enterprise services, many also have not – or are currently in the process. How will CITOs account for, track, report on, and ensure that legacy IT assets are disposed of properly when the move takes place?
Benefits of Sipi’s INVaaS (Inventory-As-A-Service) for information technology officers
Sipi’s INVaaS (Inventory-As-A-Service) program is designed specifically to help executives who work with IT assets to not only survive… but thrive.
- Full lifecycle management to provide the tools and data that information technology officers need to make predictions and purchasing decisions from a high, strategic level.
- Detailed reporting on IT assets enables key roles within your company, such as IT asset managers, to communicate with CTO/CITOs regarding the current status and long-term picture of an IT asset inventory.
- Fully integrated, secure ITAD programs enable information security officers to ensure that maximum recovered value can be achieved at an asset’s end-of-life. This further empowers CTOs to develop an overall strategic plan to increase revenue growth and lower costs over time… and deal with legacy assets left over from cloud migrations.
- Sipi’s unique FIREMELT™ data-bearing asset destruction process ensures 100% destruction of data-bearing IT assets, including the new wave of storage media such as drives based on HAMR and MAMR technology — meaning information technology officers can plan to incorporate these technologies with peace of mind.