OUR INDUSTRY CERTIFICATIONS, ATTESTATIONS, AND ALLIANCES ENABLE SIPI TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST REGULATORY AND INDUSTRY STANDARDS.
At Sipi, doing the right thing is not just good business; it’s central to our purpose and values as a company. Industry certifications empower our team to protect our customers and communities — ensuring every aspect of environmental and regulatory compliance is covered completely, accurately and with care.
SIPI'S CERTIFICATIONS AND ATTESTATIONS
What does this mean for you?
- Reduction in waste and consumption of resources and operating costs
- Reduce trade barriers
- Allocate time and resources more effectively and increase overall efficiency
- Put the environment at the center of corporate culture
- Lower your environmental liability, consistently adhere to regulation by improving environmental policies and objectives
- Keep up to date with the company’s environmental impact
- Add value and support to those in your company’s supply chain that you support them in their own environmental policies
- Standardized internal procedures
- Improved accuracy and precision of assays
- Increased technical ability and competence of chemists in the laboratory
- Improved turnaround time by decreasing the need for repeat analyses
- Material analyzed to the highest standard following international best practices
- Results are accurate to less than 0.3 relative percent
View our certificate: ISO 17025:2017
- Controls are put in place for the Health and Safety of the workforce and visitors to our processing facilities.
- Risks have been identified and assessed to determine a score of severity.
- Controls have been put in place to continually manage reducing the scores.
- Employees are continually trained on work safety and emergency procedures.
Sipi Asset Recovery is certified in IL and CA.
What does it mean to be an e-Stewards Certified company?
As part of the Basel Action Network, e-Stewards works to certify organizational electronic waste (also known as e-waste) disposal practices around the world. Independent auditors continuously report on certified members and their operational facilities to ensure compliance. Being a certified e-Stewards recycler means that Sipi Asset Recovery conforms to this highly regarded e-waste recycling standard. This also ensures compliance with evolving international laws.
- Data Security
- Environmental Justice
- Conformity to Highest E-waste Recycling Standard — conforms with evolving international e-waste laws
- Social Justice
- Brand Support
- Reduce Costs / Increase Revenue
What does it mean to be an R2 Certified company?
The R2 Standard is a global e-waste recycling certification program created and managed by Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI). The R2 Standard may apply to certification of entire organizations. Being R2 Certified means that Sipi Asset Recovery is compliant with a rigorously audited set of requirements for recycling and/or repairing used electronics. Through the R2 Standard, R2 recyclers such as Sipi utilize a common set of proven processes — with a special focus on transparency, safety, and quality.
- Compliance with all international laws and legal requirements
- More reuse opportunity for devices and parts
- No landfilling. Maximum recovery of value
- Protection for your confidential data
- Protection for your bottom line
- Internationally accepted e-cycling standard
- Support for responsible and legal trade partnerships that promote reuse, training and technology sharing
What does this mean for you?
- Reduced cargo crime compared to the rest of the industry.
- Requirements established by security professionals within the high value, high risk product sector.
- Requirements that address the nature by which goods are handled, warehoused and transported as they move throughout the world.
- Specific minimum acceptable security standards for assets traveling throughout the supply chain and the methods to be used in maintaining those standards.
- Outlined processes and specifications for companies to attain TAPA certification for their facilities and transit operations.
Sipi is certified at 1720 N. Elston, Ave., Chicago, IL
View our certificates: TAPA 2018 – 2021
Sets the standard for protected health information (PHI). Any company that deals with PHI must ensure that all the required physical, network, and process security measures are in place and followed.
What does this mean for you?
- Sipi Asset Recovery has done the work to satisfy the elements of the Security Rule.
- We have policies and procedures in place to address Administrative safeguards, Physical safeguards and Technical Safeguards.
- We are knowledgeable in HIPAA as it applies to IT asset disposition
- We document everything!
- We have created an ongoing training program
- We have created a culture of compliance within our business
- HIPAA is a continual process, a way of conducting business with those who are also bound by HIPAA compliance
Sipi Asset Recovery is subject to an annual review and audit. Certificate of Attestation
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of security standards designed to ensure that ALL companies that accept, process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment.
What does this mean for you?
- IT Assets containing sensitive payment card data are handled securely
- PCI DSS certifications are unique among ITAD vendors, demonstrating the company’s commitment to exceeding industry standards.
- Sipi has been attested through an audit of internal controls and processes related to handling data on retired IT devices.
- Possible Tax Incentives
- Opens new sources of revenue Opportunities
- Diversifies your suppliers to provide multiple procurement channels for goods and services
- Promotes innovation and creativity
- Shows your company’s interest in working in diverse markets
View our certificates:
ITAD, DATA SECURITY, AND SECURE DESTRUCTION
Protecting data security
All companies have a responsibility to protect not only their own company information but their customers’ vital information as well. Our ITAD and secure destruction programs assist you in complying with all federal and state regulations for data security.
Minimizing environmental impact
We all share a responsibility for our environment and evidence of our commitment is seen in our commitment to e-Stewards, R2 and ISO 14001 standards. With a well-managed secure IT asset recovery program through Sipi Asset Recovery, you now can provide the most environmentally responsible solutions for e-waste.
Keeping our people safe
At Sipi our intense focus on proper environmental and data security procedures is matched only by our commitment to the safety of our employees. As on OHSAS 18001 certified company, we have systems in place to identify and control health and safety risks and reduce the potential for accidents.
The following responsibilities form an important part of our approach to perform in a socially responsible manner while also maximizing sustainability for our customers, employees, and suppliers.
No employee may engage in conduct that can be construed as a bribe, kickback, gratuity or similar payment. Bribes include anything of value such as money, gifts, political contributions, loans, entertainment or other favors. Bribing customers, suppliers, or anyone working on their behalf with intent to obtain or retain business is prohibited. The FCPA makes it a crime for any U.S. individual, business entity, or employee of a U.S. business entity to offer or provide, directly or through a third party, anything of value to a foreign government official with corrupt intent to influence an award or continuation of business or to gain an unfair advantage.
Sipi complies with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA). The FCPA has two provisions—Anti-Bribery and Accounting. The Department of Justice and the Securities Exchange Commission established significant fines and penalties for violations of the FCPA.
Sipi complies with the USA PATRIOT Act. The act requires SAR to conduct reasonable due diligence to ensure that transactions do not facilitate money laundering or other illegal activity and to report certain cash or currency transactions. Sipi also complies with Anti-Corruption laws. Sipi is required to abide by the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. In any country with which Sipi is doing business, payments, gifts, or items of value may not be offered to any government official in an attempt to obtain business benefit. “Government officials” includes officials or employees of any government or public body, agency, legal entity, including officers or employees of state-owned enterprises as well as public international organizations. Political parties or their officials or employees are also considered government officials.
Sipi maintains a company policy which prohibits human trafficking, protection of workers’ rights to a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, harmful pollutants, and hazardous conditions. Sipi also prohibits the use of child labor and use of prison operations.
Sipi performs checks for new hires as well as companies and individuals SAR engages In business with against the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Sipi maintains an ethics and professional standards to which all employees must comply. Sipi is committed to operating all aspects of our business in the highest ethical manner. Core values are focused on employees, customers, community, environment, innovation and trust.
Sipi has a dedicated IT department which implements policies and procedures to assess, test, monitor and correct any threats to our Network Security.
Sipi maintains a plan to regularly evaluates risk, implements test plans and assess opportunities for improvement in an effort to protect Sipi from physical or other contingencies threating the employees, assets, good-will and continued high level of service to customers and interested third parties.
METALS REFINING AND ALLOY PRODUCTION
At Sipi’s Chicago facility for precious metals refining and copper alloy production, plant operations are constantly monitored to meet or exceed stringent government regulations. We are ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 17025 certified and pass dozens of audits annually. Our operations are inspected regularly and fully licensed by local, state and Federal authorities. Sipi is a cleaner breed of metals refiner with over a century in the industry.
Sipi’s precious metals refining and copper alloy facility upholds standards of the U.S. Clean Air Act. Emissions from manufacturing operations are controlled by state-of-the-art technology including dust collectors, cyclones, and afterburners. Sipi holds a Federally Enforceable State Operating Permit (FESOP) issued under Title V of the Clean Air Act.
Our precious metals refining and copper alloy facility holds a life-of-site operating permit from the State of Illinois EPA allowing for the treatment, storage, and transferring of regulated precious metal secondary materials. As a precious metals reclamation company, Sipi is subject to limited requirements of 40CFR 266.70. Permits available upon request.
Sipi precious metals refining and copper alloy processes do not discharge regulated wastewater and are not subject to pretreatment standards.
Achievements, industry recognition, and outreach
Sipi’s metals operations have successfully completed hundreds of audits including the prestigious CHWMEG third party review program.
Sipi has been a member of the International Precious Metals Institute (IPMI) Environmental Regulatory Affairs Committee since its inception in 1985.
Sipi’s metals operations have been recognized by the City of Chicago Department of Environment for our participation in their energy efficiency and waste reduction management programs.